Кафедра математики, эконометрики и информационных технологий
Quantitative Methods in Economics
The purpose of the course is to provide a basic
introduction to widely used quantitative, mathematical, quantitative and
statistical methods for management, economics and business. The course
is designed to introduce to quantitative principles and
techniques for supporting
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- know basic notions of linear algebra, calculus, optimization, probability and game theory.
- understand quantitative analysis of
- identify and define the problem.
- select appropriate model or methods, applying the chosen technique and interpreting the obtained solution.
- use the computer technology, including spreadsheets.
- think critically about the uses and limitations of quantitative methods.