The main aim of the course is to provide students with
foundational knowledge and sound understanding of the social and cultural
dynamics of societies, to analyze and systematize the teachings
of the main representatives of the sociology of classical,
- Presentation of the material through several paradigms, which allows students to see the strengths and weaknesses of the major sociological theories, the possibility of their use only in specific spatial and temporal coordinates.
- Consideration of cultural diversity through the implementation of a comparative analysis of the Russian situation with their western and eastern counterparts, which contributes to a tolerance for other cultures.
- Emphasis on the development of sociological imagination, helping to identify and analyze the latent aspects of social phenomena.
- Special attention is given to the assimilation of sociological terminology.
- Interactive essence of the course (questions on the development of sociological imagination, role plays).